Docent Volunteer needed for Oakland Nature Preserve
10 people are interested
We are eagerly recruiting volunteers for our new Docent Program at Oakland Nature Preserve. Our Docents will offer guided tours throughout the property (musuem, trails & boardwalk) on a weekend/daily basis.
Whether you are an enthusiast or an nature expert, or passionate about the enviroment, restoration, conservation or preservation, we'd love to hear from you.
We offer a full and rigorous training program on the Museum’s artifacts, our ongoing resoration efforts and the trails and boardwalk on our property.
Docent Volunteer/Internship Requirements:
- At least 18 years old (or signed parental consent form)
- Reliable transportation
- Friendly and outgoing
- Comfortable standing for long periods or walking 1 to 4 miles in a day
- Desire to learn about Florida’s ecosystems, plants, animals and the history of the Preserve
- Desire to become proficient in material for at least 2 tours
- Minimum 6-month commitment and 4-weeks’ notice
- Minimum of 1 - 2 Saturday’s per month
- Minimum of 2 - 4 hours per day
- Attire must be comfortable and weather-appropriate, close-toed shoes; bring your own sunscreen, insect repellent, hat, water and food.
- Appearance must be neat and clean; no perfumes or scented lotions.
Our Docent Volunteers receive complimentary:
- Oakland Nature Preserve Membership (free admission to Saturday programs)
- Oakland Nature Preserve t-shirt, water bottle, key chain
- Name badge
- First-Aid training
If you are interested in this or other volunteer opportunities at Oakland Nature Preserve, contact Emily Haft at email@example.com for more information.
We'll work with your schedule.
747 Machete TrailOakland, FL 34760
- Habitat Restoration
- Environmental Education
- General Education
- Environmental Science
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 6-month commitment & 4-weeks’ notice