This service enables older adults and persons living with disabilities to continue living in their homes and communities by providing transportation services. Using his/her own vehicle, the volunteer will drive Village members to and from appointments or errands. Rides could be one way or round trip, depending on the timing. The volunteer must have a valid California driver's license, proo f of insurance, and functioning and safe automobile that is suitable for the passengers being served. The volunteer must agreed to a DMV background check and have a good driving record. One hour general village orientation and training, plus one hour driver training. Volunteer drivers needed at Avenidas Village, Foster City Village, Mid-Peninsula Village, Sequoia Village, and Village of the Coast Side (Half Moon Bay). Please specify preferred location at time of inquiry.
- People Skills
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- one hour village training nad one hour driver training
- Reading Tutor - Reading Partners
- Food Delivery - Society of St....
- Kitchen/ Food Pantry - Samaritan...
- Radio Operator - Blackberry...
- Early Literacy Program - Avenidas
- Homeless Help Kitchen - Society...
- Get up & Go Volunteer
- Mills-Peninsula Health Services
- Caring Cupboard - City of San...
- Mobility Ambassador - San Mateo...
- Senior Nutrition
- Lifeline Services Mills- Peninsula
- Recreation Instructor
- SFO Travelers Information
- Monkey Toy Project - Los Altos...
- Meals on Wheels
- San Mateo County Sheriff's Office
- Friendship Center Host/ Hostess-...
- Project Read Literacy Tutor
- Habitat for Humanity Greater SF...