We need your help to celebrate, remember, and fight back against cancer!
1 in 3 Americans will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime. Help us make this a world with less cancer, and more birthdays; join the fight against cancer now!
We are seeking outgoing, enthusiastic, and dedicated individuals from the Jerauld and Sanborn Counties Area to bring our Relay For Life event to the next level!
Relay For Life is the signature fundraising event for the American Cancer Society that supports our mission. The American Cancer Society is a nationwide, community-based, voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem by preventing cancer, saving lives, and diminishing suffering from cancer, through research, education, advocacy, and service.
Our event will be held in August of 2017.
Here's what the opportunity includes:
- Currently we are seeking individuals who can help us plan, and host an event for survivors, caregivers, and anyone else affected by cancer. The Relay For Life event is the final event of a fundraising season, hosted to celebrate survivors, thank their caregivers, and remember those who are no longer with us. From children to adults, we want everyone to have a great time and need leaders in the community to help us make that happen!
- Time Commitment: Flexible! The committee meets once a month for an hour on the first Thursday of the month, usually at Hy-Vee in their meeting room upstairs above the Market Cafe. In June we will have two meetings before the event, and then the event itself.
- Talent Commitment: throughout the year your talent investment could differ depending on where you choose to serve your time. Whether you are helping to organize activities for the event, planning decor and theme, or help teams plan their fundraisers you could be lining up games for kids to play at the event, planning decorations according to the theme, or leading team captains to raise more money with your great ideas!
- Requirements: Access to a phone and email; willingness to attend monthly meetings, and ability to have FUN!!!
We have a variety of roles that you could lead Solo on, or assist with.
- Team Development
- Mission Advocacy
- Survivor Recognition
- Accounting & Registration
- Logistics & Volunteer Coordinator
Experience is not required. Willingness to make a difference is!
The American Cancer Society provides training through webinars, round-tables, and support from the Community Manager to better understand these roles, as well as the mission of the American Cancer Society.
Volunteering is a great way to make a difference in your community, meet new people, or boost your resume with experience and skills, while helping an organization make a difference in the lives of those affected by cancer.
If you would like more information about how to help in one of the capacities listed above, and to make a difference in your community, please email Chelsey Cox at Chelsey.Cox@Cancer.org or call 605-323-3557
- Event Design & Planning
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- 1 hour a month, 5 months/year
- Help Women Look Good and Feel...
- Are you motivator? Be a...
- Help Cancer Patients Look Good...
- Are you Bilingual (Spanish)? ...
- Are you the party planner in...
- Breast Cancer Survivors we need...
- Let Cancer Patients know where...
- Help Cancer Patients Get the...
- Help us finish the fight! Event...
- Help Women Cancer Patients Look...
- Like to do hair and make-up?
- Want to help us celebrate?
- Help women Look Good and Feel...
- Drive to make a difference!