Time Requirement: Minimum of ten (10) hours a week
Length of Internship: Minimum of six months, ideal canidate for one year or longer
We are seeking compassionate individuals. AseraCare Hospice Fresno has a unique opportunity for a Volunteer Coordinator Intern.
As the Volunteer Coordinator Intern, you will have a hands on role assisting our Volunteer Coordinator to grow services to patients and families.
In this position, you will assist in:
- Entering information into our volunteer database to ensure files are in compliance with healthcare guidelines
- Preparing volunteer recruitment/retention materials and employee engagement activities
- Interviewing and onboarding volunteer inquiries
- Visiting with patients and families currently on hospice for companionship, support and general socialization
- Researching new outreach opportunities to educate our community about hospice
- Participating in events at local facilities and the community at large
- Reporting volunteer proram updates to our interdisciplinary team meetings on a weekly basis
- Completing other related duties and special projects as needed
Through this internship you will:
- Assist in overseeing our companies second best performing Volunteer Services program in the region
- Grow your knowledge about the services of hospice
- Gain experience of volunteer coordinating in a hands on role
- Create moments that matter for patients and families
- Have access to additional online educational trainings to further enhance your education
Our ideal Volunteer Coordinator Intern must have a passion to help people. Here at AseraCare Hospice, we strive to share our passion for improving quality of life through innovative healthcare. How we do that is providing care one person, one family and one community at a time.
To apply, please email your resume to Justin Kamimoto, Volunteer Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Administrative Support
- Patient Care
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Professional Development
- Hospice Care
- Program Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Ten hours a week. Six month minimum requirement.
- Urinalysis Drug Test, Flu Shot, Two-Step TB Test