79 people are interested
MESA Sexual Assault Hotline Advocate Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: Moving to End Sexual Assault
Please visit the new page to apply.
79 people are interested
1 in 3 Coloradans will face the trauma of Sexual Violence. For some, a person that listens, believes, supports, and advocates for them makes all the difference in their healing journey. Do you have the compassion to be that person?
Moving to End Sexual Assault (MESA) is Boulder County's only Sexual Violence Resource Center. Our Volunteer Advocates have provided emotional support, advocacy, and assistance on our 24/7 Sexual Assault Hotline for over 50 years! If you're ready to give back to the community and make a meaningful impact in the lives of survivors, apply to be a MESA Hotline Advocate today!
As a Hotline Advocate, you'll provide in-person support and advocacy to Boulder County survivors at the hospital, as well as emotional support, crisis intervention, information, and referrals to anyone impacted by sexual violence via our Hotline and Textline. Though helpful, prior experience is not required! All new volunteers participate in a free and comprehensive 40-hour training that meets Colorado's mandated requirements for confidential sexual assault advocates.
Why Volunteer with MESA?
- Make a meaningful impact in the lives of survivors of sexual violence
- Join a passionate team of volunteers working to end sexual violence in the Boulder County community
- Develop your skills and engage in ongoing training and professional development opportunities
- Make a difference on your schedule! Sign up for the remote day, night, or weekend shifts that work for you
How to Get Started
- Submit an application on our website: https://movingtoendsexualassault.org/volunteer
- Schedule an interview and consent to a background check
- Attend the 40hr New Advocate Training between October 23rd & November 9th
- What: 40-hour confidential sexual assault advocate training for new MESA Hotline volunteers
- When: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday evenings 5:30pm-8:30pm + first 2 Saturdays (10/28 & 11/4) 9am-4pm
- Where: in-person at our Lafayette office
- Who: New Hotline Advocates who have been approved through MESA's screening process
- Sign up for shifts and start making a difference in the lives of those impacted by Sexual Violence
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Moving to End Sexual Assault
1455 Dixon Ave, Lafayette, CO 80026, US
We believe that every person has the right to live free of sexual assault. We are moving to end sexual assault and the suffering it causes in our community. We challenge all forms of oppression and recognize their connection to sexual violence.
The mission Moving to End Sexual Assault (MESA) is to end the suffering in our community caused by sexual assault. We believe every person has the right to live free of sexual assault. Through our client services we are here to help sexual assault survivors and their loved ones today and through our prevention education programs we are working towards changing tomorrow to ensure a world free of sexual assault.
Since 1972, MESA has and continues to be the only rape crisis center serving Boulder County. MESA serves over 1,000 individuals annually through our Rape Crisis & Information Hotline.
Multiple locations Lafayette, CO 80026
October 2, 2023
- Mental Health
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Crisis Counseling
- People Skills
- Social Work
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 year commitment; 1-3 shifts per month (self-signup, remote shifts); 2 evening meetings per month (virtual options); 40-hour training
- Reliable transportation; Live within 1 hour of Boulder & Longmont; COVID-19 Vaccination; Background Check & Fingerprinting; Personal phone line & private space to take calls