The Bravo Foundation assists homeless, pregnant, and at-risk young girls and women to avoid and break the cycle of poverty, drug use and violence by allowing them access to resources, education and mentors.
The Bravo Foundation’s mission is to provide young women the opportunity to become positioned to be tomorrow’s leaders.
This opportunity consist of conducting prospect research and writing proposals for both operating revenue and programs.
- Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources.
- Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects for corporate and foundation grants.
- Work with CEO to gather information necessary to report to corporate/foundation funders on current grant programs.
- Comply with all grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors.
- Provide stewardship to current donors, including work with Grants & Research Manager to provide regular written updates (newsletters etc) to corporate and foundation donors.
- Understanding of institutional history and programs.
- Make appointments for CEO & Boardmembers to meet Grants and Research Manager of foundation officers and other prospects, arrange for onsite tours for supporters (foundation officers, foundation trustees).
- Maintain current records in database and in paper files, including grant tracking and reporting.
- Track statistics relevant to development and provide department with written materials necessary for donor stewardship (visitor number and diversity, educational program attendance, etc).
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
- Strong editing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of fundraising information sources.
- Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors.
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies.
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research.
- Strong contributor in team environments
- Minimum of two years experience with grant writing.
- Previous experience with non-profit fundraising.
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments.
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Able to monitor and meet income goals.
- Must have internet and computer
- Great Personality
- People Person
- Able to take Direction
- Able to work from home
- Strategic Planning
- Critical Thinking
- Resource Development / Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Technical Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 35
- Orientation or Training
- 10+ hours a week
- Only Serious Reply