Join our dynamic fast-paced team as a Farmers Market Volunteer /Intern. We are looking for responsible, dedicated, outgoing folks to assist with Farmers Market operations on-site and in our administrative office. Interns have the opportunity to work with Farmers Market staff to develop goals and projects.
Time Commitment: Minimum ten hours per month for six months or more. Education volunteer/intern must be available Wednesdays from 8:00 am - 12 noon and/or Tuesdays 9:00-11:30 am.
Education Volunteer Responsibilities Include:
- Shop for produce at the Wednesday Downtown Farmers Market
- Assist in preparing samples and salads for market field trip classes to K-2 nd grade students
- Assist in teaching / independently teaching 20-minute presentations to K-2 nd grade students (up to 25 students per class, 3 classes per day)
- Assist in cleaning, breaking down booth, and making suggestions for following week’s class
- 18 years of age or above
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Responsible and reliable
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Enthusiasm for Farmers Markets, small farmers and locally grown produce, social media, marketing, education and environmental sustainability
If applying for the education volunteer:
- Please explain why you want to intern/volunteer with the Santa Monica Farmers Markets and what you hope to learn, gain, accomplish during this internship.
- Please provide the dates, days and times you are available.
- Please provide 2 professional references names and phone numbers.
This is an unpaid volunteer position that requires a minimum time commitment of ten hours per month for a period of six months or more.
Please mail, e-mail or fax resume, cover letter, volunteer application supplemental questions and references to Rufiena Jones-Soro and firstname.lastname@example.org -- Re: Education Volunteer/Internship
- Cooking / Catering
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 10 hours