The Volunteer Coordinator of the All Kids Farmer's Market and the Mobile Farmer's Market is responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining an exemplary volunteer program to provide a workforce through the use of corporate, community and individual volunteers.
The position's goal is to significantly scale up volunteer leverage enabling Gemma's Angels to fulfill its mission. This position's success should ultimately result in volunteers with a deeper engagement and commitment to increasing the consumption of fresh fruit and vegetables for at-risk children.
This position can be shared with one volunteer handling volunteers and drivers for the All-Kids portion of the program and another handling the Mobile Farmer's Market portion.
The All-Kids program will visit backpack and similar school-age food programs, provide students an opportunity to choose their own produce to take home and to provide an educational component.
The Mobile Farmer's Market program provides regular stops to deliver free fresh produce at soup kitchens, homeless shelters and food banks in Dauphin and Lebanon Counties.
Call Mike Macchioni direct at 717 686 7503 about this opportunity.
- Event Design & Planning
- Youth Services
- Child Welfare
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 5 hours per week.
- This position can be split between two volunteers.
- All-Kids Mobile Farmer's Market-...
- Coordinator, Holiday Special...
- Produce Auction Night--Great Fun!
- Make Homeless Kids Holidays...
- Walk for the Homeless: We Need...
- Manager, Community Outreach
- Event Tabling--Sounds Boring,...
- Manager, Social Media
- Coordinator, All Kids Farmer's...
- Free HersheyPark Tickets To...
- Co-Chairs, Mobile Market...