Grant Team Associate
Location: Flexible but Oakland area is desirable
Approximate 10 hours/week
Asante Africa Foundation is looking for a volunteer Grant Team Associate who is excited to dive into the nonprofit grants and fundraising world! About 50% of Asante Africa Foundation’s income currently comes from grants, so this is a big opportunity to fill an essential role.
This is a unique position for someone who is looking to first-hand understand and assist with all aspects of the nonprofit grant process, including: assisting us with identifying, researching, and tracking prospective grant opportunities; helping to outline/edit grant proposals and reports; other grant-related administrative tasks; and working with a team of staff and other volunteers on the Grants Team. While this is an unpaid position, Asante Africa Foundation puts a strong emphasis on volunteer skill-building and we are committed to ensuring this is a productive learning experience for our incoming Grant Associate.
Time commitment will be about 10 hours/week.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Researching and summarizing new grant opportunities through utilizing The Foundation Center, online research, and other platforms.
- Reporting promising grant opportunities back to the Grants Team.
- Using Salesforce to track potential grant opportunities, opportunities we are applying to, and current funders.
- Recording upcoming grant deadlines and tasks.
- Developing strategies to engage potential and current funders through social media and communicating strategies with our social media volunteers.
- Outlining and assistance drafting grant proposals, letters of inquiry, and progress reports.
- Keeping our Grant Process Guide up to date with our team's most current practices.
- Participating in a weekly 1 hour check in with the Grants Team.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills Required:
- Organized and attentive to detail.
- Detailed in Operations/administrative experience.
- Able to keep track of multiple deadlines.
- Interested in collaborating with other volunteers and staff members.
- Passionate about our mission.
- Ability to commit 10 hours/week for a minimum of 6 months.
- Bonus: experience with Salesforce, grant-writing, or fundraising.
While we will prioritize candidates who have relevant experience, we are also excited about folks with limited experience who are eager to learn, passionate about our work, reliable, and able to make at least a 6 month commitment.
How to apply
To apply, please email your resume, a brief statement about why you'd like to work with Asante Africa Foundation where you heard about this opportunity and your time availability to email@example.com with the subject line "Grant Team Associate."
- Grant Writing / Research
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 10 hours per week