Communications & Marketing intern (unpaid)
7 people are interested
The communications and marketing internship provides an excellent opportunity to get hands on experience with a dynamic non-profit working with the Arab immigrant community. This is excellent preparation for individuals interested in pursuing a career in communications, marketing, journalism, or design.
Duration: November 2019 - November 2020
The Communications and Marketing Intern is expected to commit at least 15 hours/week of work with the Association; hours and days are somewhat flexible and remote work is possible
- Post and edit content to the AAANY website
- Draft and publish blog posts, E-Blasts (with Constant Contact), and other communications materials
- Develop communications , marketing, and outreach plans and effective strategies
- Maintain Social Media (FaceBook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Assist in marketing and conducting outreach for AAANY events
- Current college student or recent graduate
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-starter, able to operate independently, and solve problems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Social Media Platforms, and Internet Research Tools
- Proficiency with web-editing (Square Space) preferred
- Design and web development experience preferred (Adobe, HTML, etc.)
Applications are rolling but interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.Times and hours are flexible but the intern is expected to commit at least 15 hours/week.
This is an unpaid opportunity.
About Arab American Association of New York
7111 5th Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11209, US
The Arab American Association of New York is a not for profit culturally sensitive social service agency located in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn. AAANY was established post 9/11 in response to the needs of the growing Arab American community in New York City. AAANYÃ¢Â Â s mission is to provide the Arab community with culturally sensitive services that will help them to adjust to their new homeland. Since opening the doors of the Association in December 2001, it has served over 2000 individuals, 85% of whom are women and children.
The mission of the Arab American Association of New York is to provide services to Arab families which include basic social services (case management), access to healthcare for both documented and undocumented individuals, free legal services and guidance for immigration issues, domestic violence, and advocacy services, bilingual monthly educational (medical and psycho educational) workshops, a growing after-school tutoring program for children grades K-12, and a women's literacy program, as well as cultural events throughout the year. The association provides these services in a holistic approach that allows the community to access these and other referral services. While the Association focuses its services on Arab-Americans, it will turn away no low-income or immigrant person seeking help. Its youth programs are open to any interested child and its cultural events are open to the general public.
We'll work with your schedule.
7111 5th AvenueBrooklyn, NY 11209
- Community Outreach
- Visual Arts
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Social Media / Blogging
- 15 hours/week