Hospice Administrative Volunteer
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
13 people are interested
An integral part of hospice care and serving our patients takes place in our office. Having an administrative volunteer contribute their time and talents in our office provides a variety of benefits to so many people!
Examples: answering incoming phone calls, assisting our Bereavement Coordinator, and so many other projects needed in caring for those we serve and the end of life.
All applicants will be required to take or provide evidence of a TB test, a flu test in the fall, pass a criminal background check and drug test, and will be provided with up to 8 hours of training on hospice philosophy.
Please contact Volunteer Coordinator Ron Faulkner at email@example.com/720-602-3680 (cell) or 303-940-9999 (office)
About Encompass Hospice
1355 South Colorado Blvd. Bldg. C; Suite 604, Denver, CO 80222, US
To provide a Physician-based standard of care in Hospice that serves all people with the utmost dignity and Honor.
Our compassionate end-of-life care is provided in the patient’s home, whether that is a home address, nursing home, assisted living community, independent living community or other location. It focuses on the physical, spiritual and emotional needs of both the individual patient and our patients’ loved ones: caregivers, spouses, children, extended family and friends.
We emphasize dignity and peace, controlling pain and other symptoms so the patient can remain as alert and comfortable as possible. Our medical social workers help the family understand and cope with loss; we can also call upon non-denominational chaplains to provide additional spiritual support and grief counseling.
- Assists the patient with the emotional and psychological aspects of dying
- Assertively manages the patient’s pain and symptoms with the goal of minimizing or eliminating pain and discomfort
- Provides medications related to the illness for symptom control and pain relief
- Provides necessary equipment such as a hospital bed, wheelchair, walker and oxygen
- Provides spiritual care support through experienced chaplains and social workers
- Teaches families about how to care for the patient
- Delivers special services like dietary, speech and physical therapy
- Makes short-term inpatient care available when pain or symptoms become too difficult to manage at - home, or if the caregiver needs respite
- Offers volunteers for companionship and support
We'll work with your schedule.
1355 S Colorado Blvd. C Suite 604Denver, CO 80222
- Administrative Support
- Bereavement Support
- Hospice Care
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Business Development
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Variable, dependent upon your availability.
- Hospice Volunteer Training, TB Test, Drug screen, Ongoing Training