Program Manager - Kids Supporting Kids
5 people are interested
In Schools Children are impacted by peer pressure, stress, independence, and high expectations. They deal with these issues by developing relationships with others who are around them. We believe if children have access to a whole community like Kids Supporting Kids, it will help alleviate some of that stress as well as benefit long term through school work, community, and relationships with others. We offer this program as a means to raise awareness around pediatric cancer and its effects on the children and those around them. KSK educates children about the importance of giving back to the community and inform them of the implications of juvenile cancer by creating an arts based interactive curriculum.
- Must feel comfortable speaking and introducing the organization to schools and researching schools to reach out to.
- Telephone Communication and Email communication is key and necessary.
- Come up with ways to have the children interact with each other and find ways to help raise funds for the organization
- Reach out to news companies, newspapers, etc. about the events and try to provide press towards the events
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office
- Be able to communicate via Telephone, Emails, and in person
- Have an upbeat personality and can-do attitude
- Support mission of the organization
- Prior experience with events or the like
About A Free Bird
146 smith st, Brooklyn, NY 11201, US
A Free Bird aims to provide the opportunity for children diagnosed with cancer to continue explore their artistic passion, and to give them the strength and the power to fight their disease.
A Free Bird is a start-up non-profit organization dedicated to fighting childhood cancer through art and music therapy. We provide children aged 6 -18, who are diagnosed with cancer, the chance to pursue their passion for the arts.
We believe that the strength and healing powers of the arts are the best therapy!
A Free Bird supports children diagnosed with cancer in their exploration of art, music, acting, poetry, creative writing, graphic design, singing, and any other artistic passions that they may have.
A Free Bird addresses the needs of both children currently fighting cancer and of recovering children through two main programs Dream, FIGHT FREE and FREE.
542 Atlantic AveBrooklyn, NY 11201