Capture the Dream, Inc. Position: Fundraising Manager
Who We Are
Established in July 2006, Capture the Dream, Inc. is a registered, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, dedicated to helping underserved and at-risk individuals succeed in school and find fulfilling, sustaining careers. We foster hope, love, and support to youth at critical time periods to empower them to overcome adversity and achieve their dreams. No dream is too small and no dream is too large.
Our organization offers several ongoing programs such as our Dreamcatcher program that combines mentoring and micro-funding opportunities for low-income K-12 and community college students from underprivileged Bay Area communities to help them realize their scholastic and career dreams. In addition, our Scholarship Fund provides $1,000 scholarships to students in need. Along with these programs, the Adopt-a-Classroom program partners with schools and teachers to provide classroom support for the school year. Our goal is to help create caring school climates that provide students with positive role models, engage them in co-curricular school activities, and reward their academic achievements. The support we offer ranges from back-to-school supplies to guest speakers, to field trips and micro-grants, depending on the dreams and needs of each classroom.
This past year, we were able to fulfill the dreams of over 2,000 Bay Area youth and distribute over $250,000 in goods and services to those in need. In addition, Capture the Dream, Inc. has been recognized in the Oakland Tribune, UC Davis Magazine, a local New York Television Show, People Magazine, AsianWeek, World Journal, AT&T Community Spotlight Hero Award, 2007 Maybelline Empowerment through Education Award, Oakland Mayoral Proclamation, San Francisco Mayoral Proclamation, San Francisco Board of Supervisors Certificate of Honor, California State Senate Certificate of Honor, Appreciation Award from the Taiwanese Consulate, PG&E Community Service Award, and Pinnacle Award.
As the Fundraising Manager, you will research, plan, and implement key fundraising strategies for the organization to support our community programs for the youth that we serve. This includes organizing fundraising events, mass donor outreach efforts, crowdfunding, online fundraising, managing giving campaigns, seeking in-kind donations, submitting non-profit contest entries, managing our fundraising partnerships, soliciting corporate sponsors, and other opportunities as you see fit.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Partner with the PR/ Marketing Team to promote Capture the Dream, Inc. giving opportunities
* Assist in the development and production of fundraising collateral, mailers, promotional campaigns, etc.
* Implement online giving opportunities on the website, crowdfunding, and social media.
* Organize special fundraising events
* Manage corporate sponsor and individual donor relationships
*Research opportunities to fundraise both cash and in-kind donations
*Outreach to new corporate sponsors and in-kind donors
* Work with internal staff to help define funding strategy for each program and provide support in developing project plans
* Find potential grant writing opportunities as appropriate
* Provide internal staff support for meetings with prospects (i.e., prepares background notes, solicitation strategies, talking points and agendas)
* Other duties as assigned
* Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
* Strong writing and editing skills with the ability to convey ideas in a concise, clear and persuasive manner
* Ability to work with detailed and confidential information
* Proficient written communication skills
*Ability to meet deadlines and work in a timely fashion
*A minimum six month commitment is required for all CTD Volunteer positions
*Preferred: Access to transportation, Available for CTD monthly staff meetings
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Volunteer will receive experience within this career field and an exceptional letter of recommendation. We reward our volunteers with special promotional items, events, tickets, and other opportunities.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please visit us at: http://www.capturethedream.org
Capture the Dream, Inc.
484 Lake Park Avenue, #15
Oakland, CA 94610
- Donor Management
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 10 hours/week