Who We Are
Established in July 2006, Capture the Dream, Inc. is a registered, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, dedicated to helping underserved and at-risk individuals succeed in school and find fulfilling, sustaining careers. We foster hope, love, and support to youth at critical time periods to empower them to overcome adversity and achieve their dreams. No dream is too small and no dream is too large.
Our organization offers several ongoing programs such as our Capture a Dream program that offers gift grants to low-income children throughout the Bay Area. Each gift grant embraces the value of education, arts, sports, and culture to encourage and motivate children in a time of need. In addition, our Interpret a Dream program pairs up career-minded individuals with mentors in a career field of interest. Our scholarship fund provides $1,000 scholarships to students in need. Along with these programs, we also donate school supplies through our annual DreamPack campaign and distribute Christmas gifts through our Adopt a Family program.
This past year, we were able to fulfill the dreams of over 2,000 Bay Area youth and distribute over $250,000 in goods and services to those in need. In addition, Capture the Dream, Inc. has been recognized in the Oakland Tribune, UC Davis Magazine, a local New York Television Show, People Magazine, AsianWeek, World Journal, AT&T Community Spotlight Hero Award, 2007 Maybelline Empowerment through Education Award, Oakland Mayoral Proclamation, San Francisco Mayoral Proclamation, San Francisco Board of Supervisors Certificate of Honor, California State Senate Certificate of Honor, Appreciation Award from the Taiwanese Consulate, PG&E Community Service Award, and Pinnacle Award.
Capture the Dream, Inc. is looking for a Social Media Specialist to help us connect with people across various media channels and building relationships with our group. The ideal candidate should have a real passion for non-profit work, which would be evident in the messages sent out to our ever-increasing online audience when telling them about Capture the Dream, Inc. and its actions toward combating poverty in the Bay Area. Candidate must also be familiar with social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, YouTube, etc.
Previous experience working with a non-profit organization is helpful but not necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Willingness to learn all about Capture the Dream's brand, history and signature programs.
- Assist Social Media Manager with:
- Developing media plans for Capture the Dream with Facebook, Twitter, and/or YouTube.
- Creating compelling, current, and interesting content for social media streams.
- Managing Capture the Dream’s online communities (answering questions, communicating feedback to the team from followers, etc.)
- Documenting important events (DreamPack, Adopt-A-Family, etc.)on Capture the Dream’s online social media communities with live updates and photos.
- Work closely with Capture the Dream's Marketing and PR teams to ensure media plans meet deliverables.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Assist with generating additional social media supporters (followers/likes) with Facebook, Twitter, and/or YouTube.
- Assist in various projects as needed.
- Creative mind-set
- Minimum of 1-2 years social media/community management experience with Facebook, Twitter, and/or YouTube.
- Excellent communication skills
- Well organized
- Great follow-up
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Volunteer will receive experience within this career field and an exceptional letter of recommendation. We reward our volunteers with special promotional items, events, tickets, and other opportunities.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to: Kelly@capturethedream.org
For more information, please visit us at: http://www.capturethedream.org
Capture the Dream, Inc.
484 Lake Park Avenue, #15
Oakland, CA 94610
- Social Media / Blogging
- Public Relations
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Technical Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 10 hours/week