Capture the Dream, Inc. Position: Enterprise Applications Leader
Who We Are
Established in July 2006, Capture the Dream, Inc. is a registered, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, dedicated to helping underserved and at-risk individuals succeed in school and find fulfilling, sustaining careers. We foster hope, love, and support to youth at critical time periods to empower them to overcome adversity and achieve their dreams. No dream is too small and no dream is too large.
Our organization offers several ongoing programs such as our Dreamcatcher program that combines mentoring and micro-funding opportunities for low-income K-12 and community college students from underprivileged Bay Area communities to help them realize their scholastic and career dreams. In addition, our scholarship fund provides $1,000 scholarships to students in need. Along with these programs, we also donate school supplies and provide experiential learning through our classroom program.
This past year, we were able to fulfill the dreams of over 2,000 Bay Area youth and distribute over $250,000 in goods and services to those in need. In addition, Capture the Dream, Inc. has been recognized in the Oakland Tribune, UC Davis Magazine, a local New York Television Show, People Magazine, AsianWeek, World Journal, AT&T Community Spotlight Hero Award, 2007 Maybelline Empowerment through Education Award, Oakland Mayoral Proclamation, San Francisco Mayoral Proclamation, San Francisco Board of Supervisors Certificate of Honor, California State Senate Certificate of Honor, and Appreciation Award from the Taiwanese Consulate.
Capture the Dream, Inc. is looking for an Enterprise Applications Leader to manage our technology road-map and projects to support the future growth of our operations. The ideal candidate should have a real passion for non-profit work, and a broad understanding of enterprise technology solutions.
Previous experience working with a non-profit organization is helpful but not necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and mentor the volunteer IT staff.
- Collaborate with the board, CEO and staff volunteers to create the IT strategy and road-map to support the organizational strategy.
- Accountable for implementing IT projects in support of the road-map.
- Create project work plans with clearly defined objectives, time-lines, budgets and resource allocation.
- Report status of projects to the IT Committee
- A degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field and 7 or more years of work experience. 3-5 years experience in a leadership capacity managing small to medium IT organizations.
- Strategic thinker who has demonstrated ability to create an IT road-map to support business strategy.
- Broad experience in enterprise IT applications, especially the Software as a Service (SaaS) model.
- Experience managing web development and analytics teams.
- Experience managing IT organizations at a non-profit would be a big plus.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Volunteer will receive experience within this career field and an exceptional letter of recommendation. We reward our volunteers with special promotional items, events, tickets, and other opportunities.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to: Kelly@capturethedream.org
For more information, please visit us at: http://www.capturethedream.org
Capture the Dream, Inc.
484 Lake Park Avenue, #15
Oakland, CA 94610
- IT Strategy
- Software Engineering
- Database Administration
- IT Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 10 hours/week