At The Sankofa Center, we empower people to change lives and foster healthy behaviors to prevent, detect, and treat HIV/AIDS. We utilize traditional African dance and drama fused with health information to educate people of all ages in Ghana. We are committed to providing free counseling, rapid HIV/AIDS testing and connecting people with HIV/AIDS to local medical resources. We value equipping the next generation with tools to wipe out HIV/AIDS with a compassionate and open-minded ethos. Since 2004, we have educated 35,000 students about HIV prevention, 50,000 community members on HIV transmission, and have provided over 4,000 individuals with free rapid HIV testing and links to resources.
The organization is supported by an international tuition-based volunteer/internship program and a vibrant product line made by their Co-op in Africa in support of free HIV services for thousands.
We are currently seeking volunteers to help package our products and get them ready for shipping. This is a one day task. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in helping!
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- This is a 1 day task - Date to be decided
- Experienced Grant Writer/Grant...
- Models for charitable product line
- Grant Research Associate
- Zen Cart Specialist
- Android App Developer
- Social Media Specialist (B2B &...
- iOS App Developer
- International Volunteers &...
- Donate your valuable time
- Local Volunteer Manager
- Women's Sustainability through...
- Event Coordinators
- Team Leader of Volunteer Pop Up...
- Web Developer
- Marketing & Social Media...
- Wear House Help For Charity
- Become A Friend of The Sankofa...
- Network Administrator
- Graphic Designer