**We have a high need for bilingual volunteers! Particularly, Spanish, Uzbek, Ukranian, Russian and Arabic.**
Oakland Family Services is gearing up for the start of the 2016 school year and we need your help!
The purpose of the Children's Learning Center Assistant is to support the lead and/or assistant teacher in managing the overall day to day operations of our preschool.
- Implement developmentally appropriate activities.
- Assist with crafts, games, reading time and free-play.
- Plan, prep and serve snacks and meals.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of each child.
- Other child care tasks as assigned.
Our preschool serves 96 children, all of whom have been deemed at risk of educational failure due to poverty, developmental delays and/or parental incarceration or substance abuse (among many other factors).
Join Oakland Family Services as we work to build brighter futures for the children enrolled in our preschool, and help us provide them with a quality preschool education that will ensure success in kindergarten and beyond!
- Child Development
- Child Care
- Cantonese / Mandarin
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Once, three hour shift per week, flexible