Position Reports To: Senior Center Director
Location: PSS Senior Centers
General Purpose: The Clerical & Data Entry Volunteer serves as a representative for PSS, supporting the Agency's mission of supporting the caregiver population of New York City.
- Enters Senior Center activity sign-in information into STARS Databases
- Answers the telephone; record and deliver messages
- Makes copies, sends faxes, and do filing, as needed
- Assists with putting out and picking up sign-in sheets
- Enters short intakes and member applications into PSS/STARS database
- Checks to ensure that the units are accurately placed in the STARS database
- Creates information packets
- Creates member charts
Time Commitment: Minimum Three days per week, 9a-4p
Support: Training for this position will be provided.
Age Requirement: None
Dress Code: Business Casual
Start Date: Immediate
Required Qualifications/Skills: Basic knowledge of computer and data entry. Pleasant manner, patience, and, dependability. Fluent Spanish speaker preferred.
Benefits: Volunteers will work with a diverse range of people and have the opportunity to showcase their skills by engaging with senior members and supporting staff. In addition, volunteers will have chance to network, grow as an individual and build their resume.
- Administrative Support
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum Three days per week, 9a-4p
- Knowledge of computer & data entry. Dependable with pleasant manner. (Spanish speaker preferred.)