Mentor a student.
Create a job shadow opportunity.
Donate materials and supplies.
Make an impact!
The ASPIRE program at Logos Public Charter School provides one-to-one mentoring to help students continue their education beyond high school. Adult volunteers meet with assigned students to assist them with a variety of activities such as academic preparation, scholarship search and application, career exploration, college choice, and college application.
Time Commitment: 1-4 hours per week or every other week for the school year.
- Desire/ability to work with middle school and high schoole aged students
- Sensitivity to challenges faced by students
- Interest in being trained in the college financial aid process
- Dependability and a strong sense of commitment
- Ability to maintain patient, non-judgmental attitude
- Information on careers, schools, college applications/admissions, and financial aid/scholarships
- Mentoring and communication techniques; confidentiality requirements
- Satisfaction of creating opportunities for more Oregonians to attend college and trade schools
- Tort liability insurance coverage
- Internet Research
- People Skills
- Basic Computer Skills
- Career Counseling / Coaching
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-4 hours per week or every other week
- Attend volunteer meetings and trainings, follow guidelines, participate in year-end evaluation.