We have a waiting list of students that need a mentor or business experience!
Mentor a student or provide opportunities where they can experience the real working world with a Job Shadow, Internship or Apprenticeship.
Make an impact!
Adult volunteers meet with assigned students to assist them with a variety of activities such as academic preparation, college choice and application, scholarship search and career exploration.
Time Commitment: 1 hour per week or every other week September through May.
- Desire/ability to work with middle school and high school aged students
- Sensitivity to challenges faced by students
- Interest in being trained in the college financial aid process
- Dependability and a strong sense of commitment
- Ability to maintain patient, non-judgmental attitude
- Information on careers, schools, college applications/admissions, and financial aid/scholarships
- Mentoring and communication techniques; confidentiality requirements
- Satisfaction of creating opportunities for more Oregonians to attend college, trade schools, or enter the workforce.
- Tort liability insurance coverage
- Internet Research
- People Skills
- Basic Computer Skills
- Career Counseling / Coaching
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour per week, excluding holiday weeks.
- Attend volunteer meetings and trainings, follow guidelines, participate in year-end evaluation.