Rosemount Food Shelf and Resource Center Volunteer
37 people are interested
Our Family Resource Center and Food Shelf in Rosemount serves as an open, welcoming place for community members to gather, work with volunteers and staff, plan their individual paths to success and receive needed food. Staff and volunteers build trusting relationships with individuals and families in order to identify and remove barriers to help long-term self-sufficiency.
We are looking to fill the following volunteer opportunities and ask volunteers to be willing to commit to a minimum of one shift per week on an ongoing basis. Training is provided for all volunteer opportunities.
Available Volunteer opportunities:
Quality Coordinator: Responsibilities include check incoming donated food items for code dates and freshness. Help put away the food items and get the food shelf area organized for when clients arrive.
- Tuesday mornings, 8 am -10:30 am
Scheduler: We are looking for volunteers to engage with our clients who are experiencing crisis by setting food shelf appointments with them over the phone or occasionally in person. Need to be able to multi task, in an environment that can sometimes be fast paced, have strong customer service, communication skills, and problem solving abilities. We ask volunteers to be willing to commit to one four-hour shift per week, on an ongoing basis. Training is provided.
- Wednesday, noon - 4:00 pm
Shelf Inventory: In this role you will check code dates on non-perishable food items, stock shelves, weigh and help put away deliveries. Other miscellaneous tasks may be assigned on a day to day basis. Must be able to lift a minimum of 20 pounds. Training is provided.
- Monday, 8 am - 11 am
- Tuesday, 8 am - 11 am
- Our food shelf is always in need of paper and/or plastic grocery bags. Please feel free to drop off any gently used and clean bags to the food shelf Monday through Thursday between the hours of 9 am and 3 pm.
- We are always in need of product donations. The top 5 food items are canned fish & meat, cooking and baking items, peanut butter, canned fruits and vegetables plus rice, pasta and cereals. Additionally, we are always in need of: baby items (food, formula, diapers and wipes, cleaning supplies and hygiene items (deodorant, toothpaste/tooth brush, shampoo, conditioner, soap, etc). You are welcome to drop off items to our food shelf Monday through Thursday between the houses of 9 am and 3 pm.
NOTE: I am hearing from some potential volunteers that they do not receive my email reply. If you have not received an email from me with in 24 business hours, please check your spam, junk and/or deleted files to see if my response automatically went there. Or, feel free to call me at 952.985.4017. Thank you.
We'll work with your schedule.
14521 Cimarron Avenue WestRosemount, MN 55068
- Problem Solving
- People Skills
- Crisis Intervention
- Relationship Building
- Community Outreach
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- min of one 4 hour shift/wk
- some standing, walking, sitting, some jobs require the ability to lift a minimum of 25 - 40 pounds.