Rosemount Food Shelf and Resource Center Volunteer
33 people are interested
Our Family Resource Center and Food Shelf in Rosemount serves as an open, welcoming place for community members to gather, work with volunteers and staff, plan their individual paths to success and receive needed food. Staff and volunteers build trusting relationships with individuals and families in order to identify and remove barriers to help long-term self-sufficiency.
We are looking to fill the following volunteer opportunities and ask volunteers to be willing to commit to a minimum of one shift per week on an ongoing basis. Training is provided for all volunteer opportunities.
Available Volunteer opportunities:Food Shelf
Quality Coordinator - responsibilities include check incoming donated food items for code dates and freshness. Help put away the food items and get the food shelf area organized for when clients arrive.
- Available Shift:
Rescue Food Pick-up - picking up food (A.K.A. Rescue Food) from Rosemount area retail sites who are donating excess food to us that is still within code dates. Duties to include:
- You will need to use your own vehicle and gas, plus carry insurance on your vehicle.
- Be at pick up site about 8:30 - 9:00 am on your scheduled day to pick up the donated food and immediately bring it back to the 360 Communities Rosemount Food Shelf to unload, weigh and put away in the appropriate temperature zone.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds.
- Time commitment varies depending on the quantity of food the retails is providing us. The average time commitment is about 2 hours per week
- Friday mornings, 8:45 am - approximately 10:00 am
- Our food shelf is always in need of paper and/or plastic grocery bags. Please feel free to drop off any gently used and clean bags to the food shelf Monday through Thursday between the hours of 9 am and 3 pm.
- We are always in need of product donations. The top 5 food items are canned fish & meat, cooking and baking items, peanut butter, canned fruits and vegetables plus rice, pasta and cereals. Additionally, we are always in need of: baby items (food, formula, diapers and wipes, cleaning supplies and hygiene items (deodorant, toothpaste/tooth brush, shampoo, conditioner, soap, etc). You are welcome to drop off items to our food shelf Monday through Friday between the houses of 9 am and 3pm.
We'll work with your schedule.
14521 Cimarron Avenue WestRosemount, MN 55068
- Problem Solving
- People Skills
- Crisis Intervention
- Relationship Building
- Community Outreach
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- min of one 4 hour shift/wk
- some standing, walking, sitting, some jobs require the ability to lift a minimum of 25 - 40 pounds.