The Rosemount Family Resource Center and Food Shelf is making some changes in how we serve our families and has a number of volunteer opportunities we are looking to fill. We are looking for a volunteer to engage with our clients who are experiencing crisis by setting food shelf appointments in our computer calendar with them over the phone or occasionally in person. You will need to be able to multi task, have good customer service, communication skills and problem solving abilities.
We ask volunteers to be willing to commit to a minimum of one shift per week on an ongoing basis. Training is provided for all volunteer opportunities.
Available Volunteer opportunities:
Personal Shopper: in this role, you will help our clients as they shop in the food shelf. This may include, but is not limited to: packing grocery bags, answering client’s questions, directing them with in the food shelf, weighing out going food items and helping the clients bring our carts filled with their food items out to their vehicles. Need to be able to lift grocery bags with food items.
- Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday noon - 4 pm
Please go to our website to fill out our volunteer interest form to apply for any of these opportunities: www.360communities.org/volunteer
Rescue food pick up - picking up food (A.K.A. Rescue Food) from Rosemount area retail sites who are donating excess food to us that is still within code dates. Duties to include:
- You will need to use your own vehicle and gas, plus carry insurance on your vehicle.
- Be at pick up site about 8:30 - 9:00 am on your scheduled day to pick up the donated food and immediately bring it back to the 360 Communities Rosemount Food Shelf to unload, weigh and put away in the appropriate temperature zone.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds.
- Time commitment varies depending on the quantity of food the retails is providing us. The average time commitment is about 2 hours per week
Available shifts are:
- Monday mornings, approximately 8:30 am - 10:30 am
- Our food shelf is always in need of paper and/or plastic grocery bags. Please feel free to drop off any gently used and clean bags to the food shelf Monday through Thursday between the hours of 9 am and 3 pm.
- We are always in need of product donations. The top 5 food items are canned fish & meat, cooking and baking items, peanut butter, canned fruits and vegetables plus rice, pasta and cereals. Additionally, we are always in need of: baby items (food, formula, diapers and wipes, cleaning supplies and hygiene items (deodorant, toothpaste/tooth brush, shampoo, conditioner, soap, etc). You are welcome to drop off items to our food shelf Monday through Friday between the houses of 9 am and 3pm.
- Problem Solving
- People Skills
- Crisis Intervention
- Relationship Building
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- min of one 4 hour shift/wk
- some standing, walking, sitting, some jobs require the ability to lift a minimum of 25 - 40 pounds.