The Rosemount Family Resource Center and Food Shelf has a few volunteer opportunities we are looking to fill. They include: Phones - answering our phones and setting Food Shelf client appointments in the computer system. Food shelf - helping to pack grocery bags for clients, stock shelves and put away deliveries. Rescue food pick up - picking up food (A.K.A. Rescue Food) from Rosemount area retail sites who are donating excess food to us that is still within code dates. Duties to include:
- You will need to use your own vehicle and gas, plus carry insurance on your vehicle.
- Be at pick up site about 8:30 - 9:00 am on your scheduled day to pick up the donated food and immediately bring it back to the 360 Communities Rosemount Food Shelf to unload, weigh and put away in the appropriate temperature zone.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds.
- Time commitment varies depending on the quantity of food the retails is providing us. The average time commitment is about 2 hours per week
We ask volunteer to be willing to commit to a minimum of one shift per week on an ongoing basis. Training for all roles will be provided.
Available shifts are:
- Tuesdays 5pm - 7 pm
- Food Shelf:
- Tuesdays noon - 4 pm, every other week
- Thursdays 10 am - 2 pm
- Rescue Food Pick -up
- Mondays, we need 2 goups of 2 eople, total of 4 volunteers
- Wednesdays, we need 2 volunteers
- Friday, we need 1 person every week
- Our food shelf is always in need of paper and/or plastic grocery bags. Please feel free to drop off any gently used and clean bags to the food shelf Monday through Thursday between the hours of 9 am and 3 pm.
- We are always in need of product donations. The top 5 food items are canned fish & meat, cooking and baking items, peanut butter, canned fruits and vegetables plus rice, pasta and cereals. Additionally, we are always in need of: baby items (food, formula, diapers and wipes, cleaning supplies and hygiene items (deodorant, toothpaste/tooth brush, shampoo, conditioner, soap, etc). You are welcome to drop off items to our food shelf Monday through Friday between the houses of 9 am and 3pm.
- Problem Solving
- People Skills
- Crisis Intervention
- Relationship Building
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- min of one 4 hour shift/wk
- some standing, walking, sitting, ability to lift 40 pounds.