Do you have a passion for constructing building small projects and want to help MoSS: Museum of Science and Sustainability meet their mission of inspiring and educating people in their own communities in the fields of science and sustainable living
As a MoSS Engineering Team Member, you will serve within the Engineering Team of the Exhibits Committee. You'll use your building and engineering expertise to create and build our mobile exhibits each year. You will provide insights and construct elements of our new and current exhibits as well as conduct research to ensure the accuracy of each exhibit.
- Attend a majority of Exhibits Committee meetings. (Meetings of the entire committee are minimal.)
- Attend a majority of Engineering Team meetings (frequency TBD).
- Communicate with Exhibits Committee members regularly via Trello.
- Contribute to general Engineering Team exhibit brainstorming.
- Be involved as possible with regard to the construction of exhibit elements.
Reports to: Exhibits Director and Engineering Team Lead
Time Commitment: In person time: 2-4 hours per month; Independent work time: 2-5 hours per week
- Background in engineering, construction, carpentry, etc.
- Skilled at teamwork and team communication
- Lift 50lbs
- Age Requirement: 22+
- Environmental Education
- Environmental Science
- Mechanical Engineering
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 22
- 10 - 20 hours a month, please see description