"On My Own" Hospice Volunteer
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereVarious locations within Franklin County2245 North Bank Dr.Columbus, OH 43220
Do you want to visit a terminally ill person who is without a caregiver or limited caregiver support? Do you have time a few hours a visit to check in on, offer light assistance, reminders and companionship/friendship?
These volunteers are there to check in and be an extra set of eyes to those hospice patient's whose wish it is to remain at "home" wherever that may be. This opportunity expands our services into after hours/weekends (at time during the weekday) when the patient has less resources for support.
We are welcoming compassionate, caring and dependable people to provide these visits as needed, to select Hospice patients after being initially trained as a patient visit volunteer. Specific tasks may include:
- Presence for supervision and support
- Prompts and reminders about safety, oxygen, medications
- Assist with light household chores
- Meal prep
- Watch TV with client
- Run errands
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Hospice Care
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 1 year enrollment
- Annual TB test, Flu immunization
- Healthcare Visit Volunteer...
- Administrative Support The glue...
- ***Spiritual Care Volunteer***
- *******Musical Visit...
- ***Patient Visit Volunteer****
- ***Volunteer Services Department...
- Education-based group...
- ***Professional Volunteer***
- "On My Own" Hospice Volunteer
- ****Bed Side Volunteer****
- College Student Education Group...