At The Sankofa Center we empower people to change lives and foster healthy behaviors to prevent, detect, and treat HIV/AIDS. We do this through utilizing traditional African dance & drama fused with health information to educate people of all ages in Ghana. We are committed to providing free counseling, rapid HIV/AIDS testing and connecting people with HIV/AIDS to local medical resources. We value equipping the next generation with tools to wipe out HIV/AIDS with a compassionate and open-minded ethos. Since 2004 we have educated 35,000 students about HIV prevention, 50,000 community members on HIV transmission, and have provided over 4,000 individuals with free rapid HIV testing with links to care. Our volunteers are our biggest assets. Even from working offsite in California, they make our project in Ghana smooth. We are proud to tell that people from different geographical location would like to help us in the cause.
We are looking for an international volunteer/intern manager who will recruit international volunteers/interns for both California and Ghana, coordinate with them and manage their deadlines. Considering the eminent responsibility of this position, we require at least three months of commitment. Training will be provided for the position.
- Post volunteer requirements, reply to applicants, set up meetings
- Understand the responsibilities associated with different positions and interviewing volunteers to find the best fit.
- Maintaining volunteers’ work log, schedules and deadlines.
- Coordinating with other volunteers/interns.
- Helping international volunteers in settling.
- Must be extremely reliable and able to follow through on commitments
- Friendly, optimstic and able to communicate directly
- Must have great organizational skills
- Speak French (optional)
- Flexible to give time during weekend if required
- Six hours per week during regular business hours.
- Minimum 3 months commitment.
- Gain valuable administrative and HR job skills.
- Be engaged in spreading HIV/AIDs awareness.
- Work in a friendly non-profit office and directly contribute to our cause
- Have a fun time meeting new people and learning new skills
- Office Management
- People Skills
- Human Resources Recruitment
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Minimum 3 months commitment
- Experienced Grant Writer/Grant...
- Models for charitable product line
- Grant Research Associate
- Zen Cart Specialist
- Android App Developer
- Social Media Specialist (B2B &...
- iOS App Developer
- International Volunteers &...
- Donate your valuable time
- Local Volunteer Manager
- Women's Sustainability through...
- Event Coordinators
- Team Leader of Volunteer Pop Up...
- Web Developer
- Marketing & Social Media...
- Wear House Help For Charity
- Become A Friend of The Sankofa...
- Network Administrator
- Graphic Designer