10 people are interested
Chemists Without Borders is a non-profit, international humanitarian organization working on solving humanitarian problems in a number of countries using the expertise of chemists and others. In Bangladesh, for example, we are working with high schools to educate students on the health hazards of arsenic in drinking water. In two of those schools, we have been able to raise funds to replace their wells contaminated with arsenic. This project brought safe water to about 4000 students. We have also developed a Health Education Course for Bangladesh elementary and secondary students. We now have a model that we think could solve the arsenic contamination of drinking water nationwide, and we are working to validate it in one high school district.
We are also developing chemistry kits using small quantities of chemicals for high school students in Sierra Leone. This will allow schools without a laboratory to still do science experiments.
Our latest project, our Biochar Project, is the promotion of a technology that will combat global warming and climate change. It will also enable farmers to make their crops more resistant to drought. We are starting to promote this technology to developing countries.
We have many other projects and could do much more with your help. We are in need of a Development Officer who could help us bring in the funding to continue and expand this work. We look forward to hearing from you.
This position is unpaid.
The Development Officer is responsible for all fundraising and development activities. The successful candidate will help forge new relationships to build CWB's visibility, impact, and financial resources. The Development Officer also will design and implement a comprehensive plan for developing key external alliances by cultivating individual and philanthropic support.
- Support and partner with the President and Board of Directors on all major fundraising initiatives.
- Actively work with leadership to establish and implement a comprehensive development strategy to include corporate, foundation, government grants, etc.
- Have primary responsibility for development and execution of all proposals; write and archive proposals with a long-term relationship-management approach.
- Research and understand funding sources and trends, with foresight, to help position CWB ahead of major funding changes or trends.
- Monitor donor information, set and track metrics, and present progress and statistical analysis to board and senior leaders.
- Develop and implement a stewardship program aimed at cultivating deeper ties with donors.
- Identify, develop, and mentor the Development team
- Create and manage all fundraising strategies which will help CWB to meet or exceed its development goals.
- Review the revenues and provide projections and analysis to the President and board members.
- Plan and execute donor cultivation, stewardship and all related fundraising events. Manage donor communications including solicitations and follow-up.
- Two or more years of professional experience in a nonprofit organization; demonstrated success in a development function (managing and forging relationships with multiple donor sources)
- Tangible experience of having expanded and cultivated existing donor relationships over time
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships
- Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical fundraising initiatives
- Ability to construct, articulate, and implement annual strategic development plan
- A professional and resourceful style; the ability to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative, and to manage multiple tasks and projects at a time and be detail oriented.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
While the above qualifications are desirable, passion about our mission, desire to make a difference in the world, and the willingness to work hard to achieve goals often compensate for specific educational and experience qualifications. If you find the position attractive, let us hear from you in any case.
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Grant Writing / Research
- Donor Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Community Outreach
- At least 6 months