Pastoral Care volunteers will complement the work of Pastoral Care personnel at INTEGRIS Health by making pastoral visits.
Position Summary and Responsibilities : Volunteers are able to perform the following:
-Inform the patient and family of services available through the department of Pastoral Care
-Pray with patients on request in a manner respectful of their traditions and deliver sacraments, if the volunteer is authorized to do so by his/her tradition
-Assess the patient’s needs and desires, and inform the appropriate staff chaplain of those needs
Volunteers will not proselytize for their traditions, will not have access to a patient’s medical chart and will record the number of visits/patients they see on the patient list and return that list to a staff chaplain for reporting purposes.
If interested, contact Rusty Elkins, Chaplain INTEGRIS Baptist Medical Center, at 405-951-2163 for more info.
APPLY HERE: https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?AP=1305752999
- Problem Solving
- Patient Care
- Hospice Care
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Variable & Flexible
- Pastoral Care specific training
- Pastoral Care Volunteer
- 'We Care' Ivy Plant Volunteer
- Medical Decision Unit (MDU)...
- Fall Prevention Volunteer
- Emergency Room Volunteer
- Flower Room/Patient Mail Volunteer
- Season's Gifts Volunteer -...
- Gift Gallery Volunteer
- Coffee Cart Volunteer
- Pet Therapy Volunteer
- Library Cart Volunteer
- Information Desk - Greeter
- Emergency Department Reception...
- Warehouse Assistant
- INTEGRIS Plaza Hotel/Hospitality...
- INTEGRIS Cancer Institute...