Our Family Resource Center in Burnsville serves as an open, welcoming place for community members to gather, work with volunteers and staff, and plan their individual paths to success. Staff and volunteers build trusting relationships with individuals and families in order to identify and remove barriers to help long-term self-sufficiency. Additionally, our network of five food shelves provide immediate aid to individuals and families and gives them access to resources to help them reach long-term self-sufficiency.
Immediate volunteer opportunities:
Burnsville Resource Center
Our volunteers: Greet customers, staff and guests, answer phone calls, connect customers to resources, assist customers with scheduling appointments, meet with customers when they come for food shelf appointments and complete necessary paperwork. We ask volunteers to be willing to commit to one four hour shift per week.
Resource Center volunteer shift available:
- Friday morning (8:45 am - 12:30 pm)
Burnsville Resource Center Host/Hostess
- We are looking for committed volunteers to greet our clients and help them feel welcome to our Resource Center and Food Shelf while they wait for their scheduled appointment.
- Duties may include, but not limited to:
- Interaction with clients
- Directing them to coffee, water or the restrooms while they wait
- Ensuring the office kitchen is neat, clean and organized
- Cleaning toys in the children’s play area
- Entering information into a computer program as directed.
- Must be ok with a schedule that includes busy times and also quiet times.
Available shifts are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday morning (8:45 am - 12:30 pm) or afternoon (12:30 pm - 4:30 pm)
- Problem Solving
- Office Reception
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 1 four hour shift per week
- good listener, empathetic, desire to help others, caring