Our Family Resource Center in Burnsville serves as an open, welcoming place for community members to gather, work with volunteers and staff, and plan their individual paths to success. Staff and volunteers build trusting relationships with individuals and families in order to identify and remove barriers to help long-term self-sufficiency. Additionally, our network of five food shelves provide immediate aid to individuals and families and gives them access to resources to help them reach long-term self-sufficiency.
Immediate volunteer opportunities:
Welcome desk/receptionist: volunteers greet customers, staff and guests, answer phone calls on the 360 Communiteis main phone line. We have temporary shifts we are looking to fill
- Wednesdays from 8:45 am - 12:30 pm, now through the end of March
- Thursdays from 8:45 am - 12:30 pm, now through sometime in March or April
Burnsville Resource Center Host/Hostess
- We are looking for committed volunteers to greet our clients and help them feel welcome to our Resource Center and Food Shelf while they wait for their scheduled appointment.
- Duties may include, but not limited to:
- Interaction with clients
- Directing them to coffee, water or the restrooms while they wait
- Ensuring the office kitchen is neat, clean and organized
- Cleaning toys in the children’s play area
- Entering information into a computer program as directed.
- Must be ok with a schedule that includes busy times and also quiet times.
Available shifts are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday morning (8:45 am - 12:30 pm) or afternoon (12:30 pm - 4:30 pm)
- Problem Solving
- Office Reception
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 1 four hour shift per week
- good listener, empathetic, desire to help others, caring