Our Family Resource Center in Burnsville serves as an open, welcoming place for community members to gather, work with volunteers and staff, and plan their individual paths to success. Staff and volunteers build trusting relationships with individuals and families in order to identify and remove barriers to help long-term self-sufficiency. Additionally, our network of five food shelves provide immediate aid to individuals and families and gives them access to resources to help them reach long-term self-sufficiency.
Our volunteers: Greet customers, staff and guests, answer phone calls, connect customers to resources, assist customers with scheduling appointments, meet with customers when they come for food shelf appointments and complete necessary paperwork. We ask volunteers to be willing to commit to one four hour shift per week.Immediate volunteer opportunities:
Current Volunteer opportunities:
Scheduler: We are looking for volunteers to engage with our clients who are experiencing crisis by setting food shelf appointments with them over the phone or occasionally in person. Need to be able to multi task, in an environment that can sometimes be fast paced, have strong customer service, communication skills, and problem solving abilities. We ask volunteers to be willing to commit to one four-hour shift per week, on an ongoing basis. Training is provided.
- Thursday morning, 8:45 am - 12:30 pm
Burnsville Resource Center Greeter:We are looking for committed volunteers to greet our clients and help them feel welcome to our Resource Center and Food Shelf while they wait for their scheduled appointment.
- Duties may include, but not limited to:
- Interaction with clients
- Directing them to coffee, water or the restrooms while they wait
- Ensuring the office kitchen is neat, clean and organized
- Cleaning toys in the children’s play area
- Entering information into a computer program as directed.
- Must be ok with a schedule that includes busy times and also quiet times.
Available shifts are Tuesday or Wednesday morning (8:45 am - 12:30 pm), Thursday or Friday morning (8:45 am - 12:30 pm) or afternoon (12:30 pm - 4:30 pm).
NOTE: I am hearing from potential volunteers that they do not receive my email reply. If you choose not to provide your phone number and have not received an email from me within 24 business hours, please check your spam, junk and/or deleted files to see if my response automatically went there. Or, feel free to call me at 952.985.4017. Thank you.
- Problem Solving
- Office Reception
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 1 four hour shift per week
- good listener, empathetic, desire to help others, caring
- Rosemount Food Shelf and...
- Hasting Lewis House "Shelter...
- Child Care - Hastings Lewis House
- Lakeville Food Shelf Rescue Food...
- Court Advocate Volunteer, Hastings
- Burnsville Family Resource...
- Rosemount food shelf - Fridays
- Burnsville Food Shelf Volunteer
- Sexual Assault Advocate Volunteer
- Farmington Food Shelf Lead...
- Data Entry, Burnsville Family...
- Child Care - Eagan Lewis House
- Court Advocate Volunteer, Eagan
- Rosemount Food Shelf Volunteer,...
- Eagan Lewis House, Shelter...