Special Event Host
26 people are interested
The Science Center is looking for a Special Events Lobby Host to assist during day and evening events such as weddings, proms, parties, and business events.
The Special Events Lobby Host will:
- Greet all guests as they enter the Science Center
- Direct guest to various locations including the Riverview Room. classrooms, and exhibit galleries throughtout the Science Center
- Be knowledgeable about the event space
- Answer basic questions about the Science Center such as restroom locations and parking information
- Be comfortable interacting with guests
*Special Event Lobby Hosts are asked to wear nice slacks/skirt and top (no jeans or t-shirts).
Shifts are approximately 1-2 hours during days, afternoons or evenings.
As a Science Center volunteer, you will receive:
- Free admission to the Kentucky Science Center’s permanent exhibits
- Free parking in the Science Center’s lot
- Discounts in the Science Center’s gift shop and Subway
- Discounts on the purchase of a Science Center family membership, science camps, or rental space.
- Access to view films in our 4-story digital theater (during a volunteer shift)
- Community service hours or credit
- Recognition events
- Networking and experience in a potential career field
- Free family membership after 100 hours of service
Volunteering at the Science Center can be a fun, rewarding experience!
Interested applicants must fill out an application and background check.
Applications can be found on our website at kysciencecenter.org/volunteer. Once your application has been received, you will receive an invitation to complete a background check.
About Kentucky Science Center
727 W Main Street, Louisville, KY 40202, US
The mission of the Kentucky Science Center is to encourage people of all ages to enjoy science, math and technology in a stimulating and engaging environment that is educational as well as entertaining.
Are you interested in having fun, meeting new people and being an ambassador of science literacy? Consider becoming a Science Center volunteer! We greatly value our volunteers who are willing to share their time, expertise and experience. The Science Center offers volunteer opportunities for adults and teens ages 13 and older.
Visit our website to fill out an application to become a volunteer!
We'll work with your schedule.
727 W Main StreetLouisville, KY 40202
- Customer Service
- Event Management
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 13
- 1-2 hours during days, afternoons or evenings