Goal or purpose of position: The fundraising volunteer provides a range of support activities for The Huntridge Foundation. The goal of the position is to assist in successful operations of the Foundation's mission in order to ensure successful ongoing operations in support of our advocacy for the historic Huntridge Theatre.
Major responsibilities (the following is a list of possible activities for a volunteer but not an all inclusive list nor is any volunteer expected to fill all of these roles.)
- Assisting in the development and implementation of a coordinated fundraising program.
- Planning for and managing of fundraising events.
- Handling donor acknowledgements and thank you letters.
- Identify donor prospects and research donor prospects.
- Data entry and maintenance of the data base.
- Solicitations of corporate sponsors, financial gifts, and gift-in-kind donations.
- Interacting with donors and conducting donor meetings.
- Development of donor materials, presentations, and mailings.
- Serves as an ambassador for the organization and promotes a positive image/ reputation of the Foundation.
Qualifications (required, desired):
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good listening skills.
- Available by phone and Internet.
Time commitment: (hours/week; time of day) Five hours per week; week days and some week ends as available.
Work location: Virtual; meetings in downtown area on a recurring monthly basis
- Ongoing training and skill development.
- Team meetings and interaction.
- Increased community networking and cause affiliation.
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Strategic Planning
- Program Management
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 5 hours weekly