The South Park Senior Center will be beginning a community-based dental hygiene program for older adults, thanks to a generous grant from the Washington Dental Service Foundation. The goal of the program will be to provide convenient and low-cost dental services for elders in the South Park neighborhood, as well as the surrounding area. We are partnering with Forever Smiles, and will be offering appointments for cleanings, screenings, and fluoride treatments on one Saturday per month at the South Park Community Center.
We need a very organized volunteer, who is looking to make a real difference in the lives of low-income seniors through their dedication to this program. Tasks include:
- Printing and assembling enrollment packets, and calling or visiting with seniors to offer assistance in completing the enrollment forms.
- Verifying that all enrollment docs are completed, such as the Medical Doctor approval form on file, and informing the Dental Hygienist if senior client needs an antibiotic for cleanings.
- Checking for client eligibility for Medicaid dental benefits;
- Creating and confirming schedules one week and one to two days before the clinic.
- Coordinating with the hygienist for scheduling, length of appointment times, etc.
This is an excellent opportunity for a dedicated volunteer with initiative who is looking to take part in the responsibility for the functioning of our newest program. Students and committed community members encouraged to apply.
- Administrative Support
- Executive Admin
- Customer Service
- Office Reception
- Program Management
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- We are looking for a 10 hour per month commitment