Summer Volunteer Internships
WhenMon Jun 19, 2017 - Fri Aug 11, 2017
WhereVarious sitesSeattle, WA 98104
Bloodworks Northwest is currently accepting applications for Summer Volunteer Interns, 2017!
Come join our new and exciting Summer Volunteer Internship Program! Designed with the future in mind, this program aims to provide valuable work experience for qualified high school and college students during the summer months. Depending on your interests, background, and future aspirations, we’ll seek to find a rich and rewarding experience for you.
Bloodworks Northwest provides a wide range of medical, transfusion and lab services that play an essential role in quality healthcare in the Northwest. Our research sets us apart: we’re one of a few blood centers in the US doing leading edge research on blood biology, transfusion, thrombosis and blood disorders.
As a unique, hybrid provider of health care services for the community, Bloodworks Northwest collects, tests and distributes essential, lifesaving blood to nearly 90 hospitals in the Pacific Northwest. We’re transfusion experts who consult with physicians. We’re also medical professionals who deliver clinical care to patients with blood disorders and disease. We’re scientists at specialized laboratories who support patients and surgeons at organ transplant and cancer treatment centers. And we’re a respected Research Institute studying everything related to blood.
Students from all academic disciplines are encouraged to apply.
Be part of a team that is saving lives in your community, be part of the future of science, join us today! Application procedure is detailed below.
Intern Application cutoff for 2016: Sunday, April 30, 2017
Successful Interns Notified: Before end of May
Internships Start, 2016: Monday, June 19th 2017
Internships End: Friday, August 11th 2017
- Provide a brief cover letter. Please include your name, address, email, phone number, current school and grade or classification in school in addition to describing your academic plans, interest in your chosen field and reasons for seeking a volunteer intern position at the Bloodworks Northwest. Also, please describe how your qualifications are well-matched for an internship within the organization, why you would be a good fit, and why you selected Bloodworks Northwest, and what sort of work or projects you would like to be assigned. If you are related to or know someone who works with us please also let us know.
- Include a resume. Be sure to include activities, paid and unpaid employment, honors, awards, and any other relevant accomplishments related to the type of work you would like to be doing.
- Attach at least one formal letter of recommendation preferably from an individual having direct knowledge of your interests and abilities as they are related to the type of work you are looking to do. For example, a teacher, instructor, former employer or mentor.
- Include a Bloodworks Northwest Volunteer Application. The reference forms in the application can be ignored as a letter of recommendation is being used instead. Under the type of volunteering and location indicate Summer Volunteer Intern. Please write "see cover letter and resume" in the question section on page two of the application. Applications can be found online at our website, http://www.bloodworksnw.org/internship
The entire application packet should be turned in all together. However, if you are only waiting for the letter of reference you should still submit your packet so as not to delay processing. The letter of recommendation can be added later. Completed packets are due by Sunday, April 30, 2017. Please submit the packet directly to our Volunteer Services Department, at email@example.com. The minimum age to volunteer is 14 years old. Please note that all applicants over the age of 18 must first successfully pass a criminal background check, applicants under the age of 18 must have parent or guardian permission.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Bloodworks Northwest is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer committed to workforce diversity. Applicants are considered for volunteer service without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age (40+), disability, veteran status, marital status, creed, sexual orientation, ancestry or political ideology.
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Market Research / Analysis
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Active Retirees Needed to...
- Care for Blood Donors in...
- Help Save Lives in Kitsap,...
- Couriers Needed! Drive Our...
- Help save lives of local area...
- Care for Blood Donors in the...
- Register Blood Donors in...
- Help save lives of local area...
- Help Save Lives in Pierce County!
- Summer Volunteer Internships
- Interested in a Career in...
- Volunteer Ambassador Needed for...
- Volunteers needed for local...
- Register Blood Donors in the...
- Greet, Register or Care for...