Are you in-transition, new to being older, an empty nester, or retired? Looking for new experiences and new challenges at a new stage in life? Bring your knowledge, skills and patience that you’ve developed over the years to DOROT. You will also meet other volunteers that share similar interests.
Knitting and Crocheting Afghans for Seniors
Gather twice a month with other volunteers to knit or crochet Afghans that will be given to seniors at DOROT’s Homelessness Prevention and Aftercare Program.
Wednesdays & Thursdays, 10:30 AM - 12:00 PM
Thursday, October 20
Wednesday, November 2
Thursday, November 17
Wednesday, December 7
Thursday, December 22
Wednesday, January 4
Thursday, January 19
Wednesday, February 1
Thursday, February 16
Wednesday, March 1
Thursday, March 16
Wednesday, April 5
Thursday, April 20
Wednesday, May 3
Thursday, May 18
Wednesday, June 7
Thursday, June 22
DOROT will provide some supplies, bringing your own is preferred.
For more information and to register, please contact Rebecca Zinger, Coordinator of Adult Volunteer Services at email@example.com or 917-441-5054.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- twice a month
- Create Birthday Cards for the...
- Lead a teleconference class
- Lead a teleconference class for...
- Intergenerational Reading...
- Retired? Volunteer with DOROT...
- Escort a senior to a cultural...
- Become a Friendly Visitor with a...
- Teach computer skills to ...
- Intergenerational Chess - Youth...
- Help seniors with grocery...
- Knitting & Crocheting Afghans...
- DOROT School Year TEEN Internship
- Create Birthday Cards for Seniors