The Walden West Foundation Board is seeking a community member to join the Board in the position of Fund Developer. The Fund Developer will serve as a member of the Walden West Foundation Board and perform tasks on behalf of the Foundation Board.
The Walden West Foundation Board supports the work of Walden West, an outdoor school whose purpose is to engage youth in the natural sciences. Walden West is located in Saratoga, CA. For more information about Walden West, please visit www.waldenwest.org.
Summary: The Fund Developer will perform a variety of tasks including developing plans for assisting in the preparation of presentations and preparing board members to implement approved plans for fund development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the development of a potential donors list and a donor recognition plan
- Present reports to the board and potential funding partners
- Lead in the development of a plan for fund development
- Prepare reports as requested to summarize the status of fund development
- Collaborate with the Director of Walden West for the implementation of plans for fund development
* Have fund development or fundraising skills and experience
* Be self-directed, willing to take initiative, and detail-oriented
* Respect and maintain confidentiality of Walden West Foundation volunteers, partners, and donors
* Have essential computer skills
? Approximately one meeting per month in the evening, 2 hours plus travel time to the meeting
? Approximately 4-5 additional hours per month to maintain records and prepare reports and forms
Interested volunteers should send a brief letter of interest and resume to Marie Bacher, Walden West Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. The names and contact information for nominations of potential volunteers can also be sent to Lisa Ketchum.
- Financial Planning
- Resource Development / Management
- Environmental Education
- Donor Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed