The Walden West Foundation Board is seeking a community member to join the Board with experience in Marketing. The member will serve on the Walden West Foundation Board and perform tasks on behalf of the Board.
The Walden West Foundation Board supports the work of Walden West, an outdoor school whose purpose is to engage youth in the natural sciences. Walden West is located in Saratoga, CA. For more information about Walden West, please visit www.waldenwest.org.
Summary: The member for marketing will perform a variety of tasks to plan and implement an ongoing marketing campaign for Walden West and initiatives of the Walden West Foundation Board.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Recommend strategies for marketing
- Assist in the development of marketing plans
- Prepare periodic reports to the Foundation Board
* Have general marketing skills and experience
* Be self-directed, willing to take initiative, and detail-oriented
* Respect and maintain confidentiality of Walden West Foundation volunteers, partners, and donors
* Have necessary computer skills and familiarity with basic software tools for marketing and communications
? Approximately one meeting per month in the evening, 2 hours plus travel time to the meeting
? Approximately 3-4 additional hours per month to develop plans and prepare reports
Interested volunteers should send a brief letter of interest and resume to Lisa Ketchum, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The names and contact information for nominations of potential volunteers can also be sent to Lisa Ketchum.
- Environmental Education
- Donor Management
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Community Outreach
- Market Research / Analysis
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment