Docents guide tour visitors of all ages through the Brunswick Area Historical Society’s Heritage Farm Museum and bring the area’s local history to life. Recently renovated and re-opened to the public, the Heritage Farm Museum presents stories from Brunswick’s past, from its earliest settlers to the present time. Docents help visitors learn about day-to-day life on a farm by interpreting the wide array of artifacts preserved in the Brunswick Area Historical Society’s collections. By enthusiastically engaging visitors, docents encourage curiosity in the community’s continuing history.
- Have an interest in history and a desire to welcome visitors to the community.
- Speak courteously and patiently to visitors of all ages in a loud and clear voice.
- Be dependable and punctual.
- Be physically able to stand and walk throughout the museum for the duration of each tour.
- Maintain a neat appearance.
- Attend a training session with an experienced tour guide that will cover the historical content presented in the tours and tips for successfully engaging visitors.
- Commit to a regular tour schedule during the duration of the Heritage Farm Museum’s busy summer season.
- Communicate with the tour coordinator in a timely and attentive manner about availability for specially scheduled group tours.
- Public Speaking
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training