The Borgen Project is an innovative national campaign that is working to make poverty a focus of U.S. foreign policy.
Location: Nationwide (Telecommute Volunteer Role)
Hours: 4-6 hours per week
You don’t need to be a lobbyist to help influence foreign policy. As a Regional Director, you’ll serve as a Borgen Project Ambassador in your city - mobilizing your friends, family and colleagues to contact Congress in support of key poverty reduction legislation.
- Attend one (30-60 minute) national conference call per month: 5PM PDT6PM MDT 7PM CDT 8PM EDT
- Meet with local congressional leaders and lobby for legislation that improves living conditions for the world’s poor.
- Mobilize people in your community to contact their congressional leaders to support poverty reduction legislation.
- Manage and implement fundraising campaigns.
- Build a network of people engaged in the cause.
- Serve as The Borgen Project’s ambassador in your city.
- Basic understanding of U.S. Politics and international development.
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize multiple functions and tasks while managing their work time efficiently.
- Strong team player that loves to bring new ideas to the table.
- Ability to demonstrate frequent independent judgment with decisiveness.
- Excellent overall communication skills: oral, written, presentation
How to Apply: To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more at http://borgenproject.org.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment