The Borgen Project is an innovative, national campaign that is working to make poverty a focus of U.S. foreign policy. This is a part-time 14-hours per week, unpaid telecommuting internship. The internship is 4-months and responsible for leading public and political outreach in the state and district assigned to.
- Meet with members of Congress and/or Congressional staffers in your State and District.
- Represent The Borgen Project at various business, political and community events.
- Assist with fundraising. Create a personal fundraising campaign and meet targets.
- Mobilize individuals to contact their members of Congress in support of key poverty-reduction legislation.
- As needed, speak to groups, classes and organizations.
- Write letters of support for key programs to political leaders, media and other groups.
- Outstanding writing skills.
- Self-starter who can produce great results with limited supervision.
- Strong oral communication skills and ability to lead meetings and give speeches.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 14 hours per week