This is a 2 year volunteer commitment. Application Deadline May 1st! Program begins July 2017.
- I want to mentor high-potential, low-income, first-generation college students in their personal and professional development.
- I am passionate about giving back to the community.
- I am available to attend career development workshops 1-2 Saturdays per month for 2 years.
- I am a college graduate with 2+ years of work experience, willing to share my industry expertise and network.
- Develop a one-on-one mentoring relationship with your Fellow.
- Serve as a role model and resource for your class of Mentor Coaches and Fellows.
- Network with highly accomplished professionals from a variety of industries.
- Gain access to exclusive professional development and social events.
- The Fellows Program begins in July 2017.
- Workshops are held on Saturdays.
- Year One workshops occur bi-weekly and typically run from 10:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M, followed by optional volunteer-led social events.
- Year Two workshops occur monthly and are shorter with more industry and skill-specific events tailored to our Fellows’ needs and interests.
- Curriculum includes professional development topics such as resumes and cover letters, elevator pitches, mock interviews, networking, professional etiquette, and more.
- Software Engineering
- Supply Chain Logistics
- Mechanical Engineering
- Network Administration
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 24
- 28 Workshops Over 2 Years
- Apply Here: https://www.americaneedsyou.org/mentors-apply/