A Window Between Worlds (AWBW) seeks a Social Media & Marketing Intern to increase our online presence and relevance. This is an excellent opportunity for an undergraduate or recent college graduate looking to learn more about a career in marketing and nonprofit development.
Internship responsibilities may include the following:
* Work closely with Marketing & Communications Manager to create monthly editorial calendars for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
* Research potential influencers to connect with on social media
* Monitor and engage in conversations in the media relevant to AWBW’s mission
* Assist in creating and executing social media campaigns for fundraising events and initiatives
* Live-post on behalf of AWBW at community and fundraising events
* Monitor insights on all platforms and submit weekly progress reports.
* Research and monitor social platform trends and development.
* Assist in updating digital profiles, including on volunteer sites, review sites, donation databases, and business listing sites.
* Research and connect with press sources
* Accompany Marketing & Communications Manager to committee meetings, community events, and other cultivation outings.
Desired Skills and Qualities:
* Commitment and sincere interest in the mission of AWBW
* Working knowledge of major social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc)
* Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
* Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi task
* Ability to work independently
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office
* Experience with Adobe Creative Suite strongly preferred
Terms: This position will require working at our Venice offices one weekday, plus additional hours remotely based on social media posting / engagements - totaling 8 hours per week. Schedule could vary as needed to include events, workshops, training seminars, and board meetings. The ideal candidate would commit to a minimum three-month term, with flexibility to renew should the opportunity be mutually desirable.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Graphic Design / Print
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 20
- Minimum 3 month commitment