Are you knowledgeable about fundraising for groups or non-profits? Do you enjoy helping organizations and agencies expand financially? Or do you have a knack for events, and want to see them make an impact on the community?
West Valley Community Services (WVCS)* is looking for a Fundraising volunteer to work under our Community Resources Department. Our Fundraising volunteer will report to our Director of Development and Communications, and will help create and complete small projects as needed. We are looking for an individual who can think "out-of-the-box" and can creatively find soluntions. If you have experience in fundraising work, event/strategic planning, or would like experience in the field of non-profits, this is a great opportunity in a fun and meaningful environment. This is a hand-on volunteer position that will be requiring creating long and short term goals.
We are looking for a Fundraising volunteer for a long term commitment, and someone who will be proactive and hands-on. You can always schedule a time to "shadow" the shift first, to see if it's a fit for you. Learn more at Volunteer Orientation! Thank you.
*West Valley Community Services (WVCS) is a basic needs organization that serves people in need in the Cupertino, Los Gatos, Monte Sereno, Saratoga, and West San Jose areas. The mission of WVCS is to encourage the sharing of community resources, to provide basic human needs in a caring and dignified environment, and to provide opportunities for volunteers to participate in WVCS' activities.
- Problem Solving
- Donor Management
- Community Outreach
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- The same shift for a 4-month minimum commitment
- Planting and Harvesting our...
- Food Pantry - Monday Morning
- Food Pantry - Wednesday Mornings
- Grocery Pick-up - Wednesday...
- Front Desk - Thursdays 8am-12noon
- Grocery Pick-up - Monday...
- Front Desk - Tuesdays 8am-12noon
- Website Maintence/Design
- Front Desk - Thursdays Afternoon
- Food Pantry - Friday Afternoons
- Front Desk - Tuesday Afternoons
- Fundraising/Marketing Volunteer
- Auto Technician...
- Translator/Interpreter (as...
- Be a Financial Coach! (English...
- Grocery Pick-up - Friday...
- Grocery Pick-up - Thursday...
- Food Pantry - Tuesday Mornings
- Food Pantry - Thursday Mornings