The Western Pennsylvania Conservancy has 130 community gardens in and around Western PA, they are planted and care for by volunteers.
Our gardens range in size from small beds to large and dramatic plantings. We plant at schools, in neighborhoods, along busy highways, in business districts, at bridges and other landmarks or gateways in our region. We plant gardens in 20 counties
Each garden has a trained Garden Steward who tends the garden once it is planted and keeps it looking beautiful throughout the growing season. Gardens are planted on public land. All projects are partnerships among local community groups, Western Pennsylvania Conservancy and the local municipality. We also welcome volunteers throughout the summer to help care for the gardens and provide extra care through weeding and other maintenance.
If interested please contact Lynn at 412 586 2324
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Usually the garden steward tends to the garden 2-3
- Tree Planting at the Duquesne...
- Tree Planting in Bloomfield!
- Tree Planting at West End...
- Tree Planting at the Crafton...
- Looking for a garden steward to...
- community garden planting May 2017
- Tree Planting in the Central...
- Tree Planting at Mount Washington!
- Tree Planting in Southside!
- Tree Planting in Garfield!
- Tree Planting in Lawrenceville!