27 people are interested
With the increase in animals being rescued, we are in need of more adoption coordinators. Becoming an adoption coordinator is one of the most important roles within our organization. You will be the face of ALIVE Rescue to potential applicants and have a hand in placing animals into their forever homes.
Prerequisites: excellent communication skills, great customer service skills (you are a person's first impression of ALIVE), responsiveness, ability to manage multiple/competing priorities, work as team player, detail oriented, capacity to check email at least once per day, and a basic knowledge of positive reinforcement training methods and cat and/or dog behavior. Lastly, if you are not a current volunteer, you must attend a Volunteer Orientation at The Little Barn.
Tasks for this role include:
- Review applications that come in for animals (that get assigned to you)
- Walk applicants through all steps of the application process (phone interview, reference calls, coordinating home visit and final adoption)
- Maintain tracking systems for animals/applications you're responsible for (in our adoption software, Rescue Connection, and on google drive)
- Constant communication between Home Visit Coordinators, Foster Coordinators, Founder, Director of Operations, and Adoption Managers.
- Volunteering (periodically) for CRISP days at Chicago Animal Care and Control
- Attend meetings as they are scheduled (maximum 4 times per year)
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- People Skills
- Community Outreach
- Animal Care / Handling
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training