Direct Outreach Volunteer
Volunteer Service Description:
Volunteers will work alongside Twin Cities Habitat’s Resource Development Team and engage with the community in volunteer outreach events.
- Attend various outreach events (school tabling fairs, corporate giving fairs, Mall of America service fair, etc) as a Habitat representative.
- Represent Habitat for Humanity in a positive and professional manner.
- Be informed and up-to-date with current Habitat news, homebuyer process and basic criteria, volunteers needs and engagement process, FAQs and tough questions
- Be sensitive to a variety of social situations talking with potential volunteers, applicants, and donors. Be sensitive to their diversity of opinions and knowledge about TCHFH.
- Depending on the event, be prepared to bring your own meal and water.
- Track your volunteer hours and report them back to the Volunteer Coordinator.
The Direct Outreach volunteers engage positively with the community of applicants, volunteers, and donors to encourage greater participation in our programs and a better awareness and understanding about Habitat and specifically how to volunteer. Your service on our team builds our organization’s capacity to create a more informed public, multiply our volunteer base, and increase awareness of Habitat.
- An open and gregarious demeanor is preferred, as well as the ability to remain calm under social pressures.
- Willingness and ability to learn all about Habitat and keep up to date on volunteer needs.
- Experience volunteering at the ReStore or on a construction site once is preferred, though not required.
Expected Time Commitment:
3-4 hours an event. We have more events in the fall and the summer, with up to three a month. While we have needs year-round, this position will be on an as-needed basis. This position requires a commitment of at least four events per year.
- Must bring a printed and signed volunteer waiver.
- Must be 14 years or older to volunteer. Volunteers 14-15 must have an adult over 21 to volunteer with them.
- Must attend an interview, orientation, and shadow the Volunteer Coordinator to onboard.
Training & Supervision:
Volunteers will be trained and supervised by the Volunteer Coordinator. Volunteers will attend a special training led by the Volunteer Coordinator, receive orientation packets, and shadow a Habitat Staff member in the Volunteer Team or a seasoned outreach volunteer.
- Customer Acquisition
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Public Relations
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3-4 hours an event. 4 events per year.