Bring the Outside World to our Residents!
17 people are interested
Share your passion, skills or hobby with the residents of our award-winning senior residential facility. We make it easy for you to facilitate a program. We have programs ready to go or we'll help you create your own. Our residents love volunteers.
Examples of current volunteer-facilitated programs:
- Spanish lessons
- Trivia (volunteer needed)
- Happy Hour (all about Ireland)
- Stars of the Golden Age (volunteer needed)
- Current Events
- Reiki Evening Meditation
- Travels to China
Ideas for programs -but the sky's the limit!
- Travelogues - share your pictures!
- Dominos/Cribbage/Monopoly - lead a game hour
- Meditation and stretching
- Architecture with Legos & model building
- Improv/Poetry Slam
Hours available: Mon-Fri between the hours of 10 and 2 pm
- Enthusiastic about the subject
- Some computer skills are nice but not required
1 to 2 hours once per week will make a big difference in the lives of the seniors we serve.
Benefits of your commitment:
- Work with an energetic and friendly group of people who are Reshaping Aging
- Gain valuable experience in elder-care and senior services nonprofit sector
- 25% off eligible merchandise in the Norwood Life Society Thrift Shop
- On the day you volunteer you may have a free lunch in the employee lounge
We'll work with your schedule.
6016-20 N. Nina AvenueChicago, IL 60631
- Mental Health
- People Skills
- Spiritual Healing
- Relationship Building
- Group Facilitation
- People 55+
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- minimum 2 hours per week
- Patience, respect, love of live, sharing, love of wellness