Medical/health volunteers wanted for rural Malawi, East Africa
7 people are interested
H.E.L.P. Malawi is seeking medical and health volunteers to assist at our rural Nandumbo Health Centre. Doctors and nurses and current students in the health field are welcome anytime throughout the year. Health volunteers can come for three months, or on the shorter program as desired, the program is flexible and is catered to each individual's qualifications and desires.Covering a catchment area of around 25,000 people, Nandumbo Health Centre provides the following services for the rural community:
- maternity services
- HIV/ART treatment
- antenatal services
- Family planning services
- Youth Friendly Health services
- Growth monitoring
- Experience of life in a rural community in Africa and life-changing cross-cultural experiences!
- NO FEE for joining us - you just fund your own trip and international travel insurance (required)
- Long and short-term volunteer placements, catered toward your needs and availability
- Opportunities for secondary and special interest programs/projects
- Housing provided (max 4 volunteers) with running water and solar electricity
- Airport pick-up and full orientation included in addition to on-site support
- Bike provided - the Health Centre is approximately 5km from the volunteer house by bike
Fully qualified doctors, nurses and midwifes are strongly encouraged to apply. The medical/health volunteer program as serves as a great opportunity for current medical and health field students looking for a practical, hands on experience in rural Africa.
A proposal of desired project/trainings may be required to ensure the most impact for the clinic, community and individual volunteer.
Volunteers are not required to pay any fee to H.E.L.P. Malawi, only to fund their own transportation and travel insurance (required).
We'll work with your schedule.
HELP MalawiPO Box 150UlongweBalaka District, Malawi
- Patient Care
- Children Medical Services
- Must be at least 18
- Various available
- Application process