We are looking for keen medical volunteers to assist at our rural Nandumbo Health Centre. Doctors and nurses are welcome anytime throughout the year, as they do not have to work to the school calendar. Health volunteers can come for three months, or on the shorter program as desired.
Covering a catchment area of around 25,000 people, Nandumbo Health Centre provides the following services for the rural community:
- maternity services
- HIV/ART treatment
- antenatal services
- Family planning services
- Youth Friendly Health services
- Growth monitoring
What we offer:
- Experience of life in a rural community in Africa.
- NO FEE for joining us - you just fund your own trip.
- Housing provided (maximum 4 volunteers)
- Bike provided - the Health Centre is approximately 5km from the volunteer house by bike.
- Airport pick-up and full orientation included.
Those interested should take a look at our website at http://helpchildren.org/
- Patient Care
- Children Medical Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Various available
- Application process