Pet Therapy (Volunteer)
70 people are interested
We are looking to provide joy and companionship with pets. As a Pet Therapy Volunteer of AseraCare, you will assist in prividing one of the many alternative treatment programs used to help the care of patients with life limiting illnesses.
The AseraCare Pet Therapy Program has been around for more than 20 years. Trained volunteers will bring certified pets to visit patients and bring a sense of fulfillment as only animals can.
- Be a listening ear to stories
- Provide brief relief to caregivers (i.e. running errands, grocery shopping)
- Read to patients
- Offer support to families after a passing
All Pet Therapy must:
- Be at least one year old
- Be certified through a proper organization (We can refer you)
- Have all current vaccinations and pass a health screening by a veterinarian
- Be cleaned and groomed before each visit
Please contact Justin Kamimoto, Volunteer Coordinator, for more information.
We'll work with your schedule.
650 W. Alluvial AvenueFresno, CA 93711
- Patient Care
- Animal Therapy
- Animal Care / Handling
- Hospice Care
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of one hour a month
- PPD/TB Testing, Urinalysis/Drig Testing, Flu Shot