The Franklin Foundation for Innovation is a non-profit organization dedicated to protecting America's public schools to ensure education equality for all children. We believe that education is a right that should be afforded to all children, regardless of the circumstances within which they were born.
One of our key goals is to share education and experiences with parents, educators, and legislators around the country, highlighting the criticality of public schools in our country. Without public schools we wouldn't be as successful as we are as a nation - protecting this infrastructure is crucial to our national security.
Our target audience are adults age 18-55. In this range you'll find parents, college students, educators, politicians, business leaders, and everyday people who need to be aware of what's really happening in our public schools; the successes, the impact they have on our communities, and the need for a stronger national focus to protect their very existence.
We're seeking bloggers to help share their own experiences, engage the audience around topics, and provide commentary on news items revolving around America's education infrastructure both grade-school and collegiate.
Benefits of being a Franklin Blogger:
Check out the blog at https://edufocus.franklinfdn.org to see our blogging style and gain insight as to what our writers have contributed thus far. With over 20,000 readers and growing, our blog gives you an opportunity to create a body of work that can be used to support or grow your career in creative or news writing. Bloggers will receive access to our Microsoft Office portal and digital resources to aid in content creation. Most importantly, your articles will make a difference by providing insights and informing the public around topics related to our most important national asset - our kids.
We're looking for:
- Excellent writing skills, and an ability to write in an engaging and conversational style that will appeal to a wide range of readers.
- A passion for public education and experiences to share about your own public school journey.
- Previous blogging/social media experience is preferred, but not required.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated, ability to take initiative, and work independently.
- Be reliable and responsible, and have a good track record of meeting deadlines.
- Willingness to respond to readers and engage in a community model.
- Fluency in another language like Spanish would be a plus, but is not required.
- Submit as many articles as you'd like as often as you'd like. We ask that you commit to writing at least 1 post every month. Editing schedules will be provided on a quarterly basis.
How to Apply:
Use Volunteermatch to apply to this opportunity, apply via our careers section on our website (https://franklinfdn.org) or contact the volunteerism desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send us your resume with a brief cover email describing your background and experience, explaining why you want to become a blogger for The Franklin Foundation, and any ideas you have for the blog. If you have some, feel free to attach a few samples of your work.
- Reading / Writing
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Social Media / Blogging
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 1 Article per Month
- Computer or Tablet Device (PC/MAC/Android/iPad) & Internet Access