Assist in providing detailed processing of the archaeological sites and survey reports submitted as permanent record to the state of Ohio.
* Using customized Geographic Information Systems to review and make basic corrections to archaeological site forms submitted to the Ohio Archaeological Inventory (OAI).
* Adding basic bibliographic entries for archaeological survey reports to the Ohio Archaeology Survey Reports database.
* Processing of OAI site forms & survey reports to the permanent public research files.
* Drawing of archaeology site location to the Master Archive Archaeology site plotting maps.
* Customized projects varying with skills and time including fulfilling site documentation for previously unreported or underreported archaeologic sites.
Education/Experience: Anthropology or Achaeology major in their junior or senior year or Anthropology graduate student or a great interest in learning.
Technical Skills: Desktop PC/preferred familiarity with Microsoft Access and GIS, however not required.
Time Commitment: Flexible M-F 8am-4pm
Training: Initial intensive training.
- Administrative Support
- Basic Computer Skills
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training