The Bravo Foundation helps at-risk young women in the Detroit Metropolitan Area with shelter, career and eduacational resources, mentoring and counseling to help break the cycle of poverty and assist them in becoming tomorrow's leaders.
The Bravo Foundation’s mission is to provide programs and services that meet the needs and challenges of socially and economically disadvantaged girls, and prepares and empowers them for personal, career and economic success.
We are looking for someone with experience in non-profits and coordinating the volunteer program. The Volunteer Coordinator position will be responsible for recruiting, training, scheduling, supervising and establishing a volunteer committe and organizing volunteer duties including fundraising and event support.
Volunteer Coordinator will be responsible for the following:Recruitment and selection
- Working out how many volunteers are needed and for what roles.
- Developing position descriptions for each role.
- Planning how and where to recruit volunteers and posting adverts
- Interviewing Volunteers
- Planning for volunteer retention and replacement
- Developing policies and procedures.
- Developing an orientation kit, volunteer handbook or introductory programs
- Evaluating the orientation program
- Presenting or managing the orientation for all new starters
- Arranging training and education opportunities
- Conducting performance review or evaluation
- Conducting a skills audit or organisational review.
- Developing ways to recognise and reward volunteers efforts
- Promoting the recognition program
- Managing volunteer communications such as social functions, newsletters or social media.
- Helping volunteers feel welcomed and supported
- Developing and managing policies, procedures and standards for volunteers
- Looking after the volunteer database and records
- Planning and goal setting
- Rostering and organising volunteers
- Delegating projects and tasks
- Managing any associated budgets and expenditure
- Communicating with people from diverse backgrounds
- Resolving or managing the grievance process.
Please complete Board Member Application and submit with a resume:
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- Group Facilitation
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- 4-5 hours a week
- Experience in Volunteer Coordination