Parent Action Community Inc.
Volunteer Board Members
REPORTS TO: Board President/Founder
Qualifications & Skills: Knowledge and skills in one or more areas of board governance: policy, legal, financial management, program development, information technology, marketing, education, counseling volunteer management, grant writing, fundraising and/or human resources. Good communication and writing skills.
Length of term: Board of Directors are elected by the membership at the Annual general meeting. Board of Directors serve for a two-year term. Board of Directors may be re-elected for two additional terms.
Meetings and Time Commitment:
- The board of directors meets September through June on the second Thursday of the month, from 6pm to 8pm.
- Committees in the board meet an average of four times per year, pending their respective work agenda.
- Board members are asked to attend no less than two special events or meetings per year, as they are determined.
- Board members are required to donate a minimum of 10 hours per month (as necessary) to the agency. This includes meetings, events and workshops.
Expectations of board members:
- To establish the organization's mission, vision, and direction.
- To ensure the financial health of the organization.
- To ensure the organization has sufficient and appropriate human resources.
- Secure adequate funding.
- Maintain & update long-range strategic plan.
- Represent the organization to the public, private and business sectors.
- Attend and participate in meetings on a regular basis, and special events as well.
- Be aware and abstain from any conflict of interest.
- Participate on a standing committee of the board, and serve on ad-hoc committees as necessary.
- Be alert to community concerns that can be addressed by PAC mission, objectives, and programs.
- Help communicate and promote PAC mission and programs to the community.
- Donate significant fiscal contribution to the agency, either through personal means, by hosting an event, or by soliciting contributions from other sources (i.e., friends, businesses, community organizations, foundations, corporations, banks, etc.)
If interested, please submit your resume to Johanna DeJesus, Organizational Development Consultant via email@example.com. As soon as your resume is reviewed by PAC board, you will receive a board membership application for further consideration. Thank you!
PAC’s website: www.pac4success.org
- General Education
- Strategic Planning
- Event Planning / Management
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Some experience on a non profit board.