Housing Intern for Newly Arrived Refugees
57 people are interested
Intern will assist institute staff with managing donations and preparing housing for incoming refugees.
* Someone excited to help create a welcoming home for soon-to-arrive refugee families
* Physically able to life and move furniture items
* Flexible weekday schedule
* Able to work independently
* Valid driver’s license, clean record, and access to own transportation required
Primary Duties Include:
* Work on a housing set up with a partner (either another volunteer or Institute staff)
* Gather all donated goods to be provided upon arrival
* Be present for furniture drop-off at unite
* Assist with the set up/organize furnishings for refugee arrival
* Help organize and track donation at the institute
* Participate in community garden planning and preparation
* 6-10 hours per week
* Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., with occasional weekend availability
* Minimum commitment of three months
Complete the internship application form at
Applications without resumes will not be accepted for this position.
Questions? Please contact Faith Loggers-Jamnik at FLoggers-Jamnik@iimn.org.
We'll work with your schedule.
International Institute of MN1694 Como AvenueSt. Paul, MN 55108
- Real Estate & Leasing
- Case Work / Management
- Cross-cultural Communication
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4-5 hours per housing set up